NANAIMO MARINE SCENIC & WILDLIFE TOURS: January 1 to October 30 2020
PACKAGE 1: Nanaimo Harbor & Local Island Tour.
Duration: 3 Hours
Departure: Tour departs from the Seair Floatplane Terminal at 9:30 am or 1:30 pm.
Description: A historic, scenic and wildlife tour that includes
- views of Nanaimo’s most luxurious real estate,
- the story behind Shack Island,
- the wildlife and natural beauty of the Hudson’s and Five Fingers Island ecological reserve
- the infamous Snake Island,
- the nesting cliffs of Pelagic Cormorant
- the vibrant Nanaimo Estuary and Harbour
- a short stop at either Nanaimo’s waterfront where you can experience the Harbour life at one of the local cafés or a short stop at the historic Newcastle Island where you can explore tidal pools, take a short nature walk and visit the island bistro.
Costs: $350.00 plus 5% GST.
PACKAGE 2: Gulf Island Getaway Tour.
Duration: 4 Hours
Departure: The tour departs from the Seair Floatplane Terminal at 8:30 am or 1:30 pm
Overview: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and explore the wonder and wildlife of the Gulf Islands, the archipelago of the South. Known for its Mediterranean climate, the Gulf Islands Getaway tour includes:
- views of the Gabriola cliffs, home to nesting sea birds
- breathtaking water passages that lead into the heart of the Gulf Islands
- inspiring sandstone sculpting carved into the shores of De Courcy Island
- historical tales of the infamous cult leader, Brothers XII whose legend lives on among the locals.
- passage through Whaleboat Island Marine park, an important wildlife habitat for a variety of sea birds and marine life.
- a brief stop at the secluded and serene Pirates Cove Marine Park, known for its trails, sandstone beaches, caves, swimming and beachcombing.
Costs: $450.00 plus 5% GST
PACKAGE 3: Lesqueti Loop Tour
Duration: 6 Hours
Departs From: Seair Floatplane Terminal at 7:30 am
Description: Pristine, off the grid and eccentric, the Lasqueti Loop is like a journey to another world and time rich with local folklore. With one of the most beautiful marine parks in the Salish Sea, this marine and wildlife tour includes:
- views of beautiful seaside real estate
- colonies of sea lions who share their home with a naval communication base
- the intriguing story behind the Ballenas Island lighthouse
- passage by Sangster and Jenkins Rock, famous fishing destinations known for their monster fish
- a quick stop to the Lasqueti Island café or pub at False Bay Wharf
- a tour of Jedediah Island Marine Provincial Park, home to a variety of sea birds and marine life
- a leisurely and lighthearted cruise back across the Strait back to Nanaimo
Costs: $650.00 plus 5% GST
Customize Your Nanaimo Harbor & Island Tours:
At Reel Time, our goal is to help you enjoy your charter. Choose options such as dropping a crab trap, leaving earlier in the morning to catch the sunrise, dropping lines to fish on our way from one destination to another or simply staying longer at any of the Islands, Marine Parks or Cafe’s visited by each of our tours. For questions, suggestions or even advice on how to make your trip a lasting memory, please contact us.
Costs: $100.00 PLUS 5% GST for every additional hour.
Deposit upon confirmation for your Scenic and Wildlife Tour:
A non-refundable deposit of $300.00 CAD is required to hold the date upon confirmation. Payments can be made by PayPal (Visa or Mastercard), e-transfer or cheque.
Remaining Payments for our Nanaimo Marine Tours:
The remaining payment for your marine tour (cost of the tour minus the deposit) will be due on the final day of the tour and is payable either by cash, cheque or prepaid through Paypal (Visa or Mastercard).
GRATUITIES for our NANAIMO Marine Tours:
The above prices do not include gratuities. Though not required, tips for a job well done are much appreciated!
Seasickness/Ucluelet Fishing Charters:
Waves and weather can be part of the adventure on any Vancouver Island fishing charter. Please see your local pharmacist if you have any concerns.